Wars of the Threshold
Languages of Creation
- Low Realm- The language of the common people of the Blessed Isle. It is also common to the Realm's legions, and many speak it across the Threshold.
- Sea Tongue- The language of the islands of the West.
- Flame Tongue- The language of the south.
- Sky Tongue- The language of the north.
- Forest Tongue- The language of the forest tribes of the far east.
- Scavenger Tongue- the language of Nexus, Lookshy, and the Confederation of Rivers.
- High Realm- The language spoken among dynasts, bureaucrats, and other social elites.
- Old Realm- The language of the 1st age. It is still used by many gods, spirits, and elementals.
- High Holy- language of the nearly extinct Dragon Kings
- Kimberlic- a secret language used by the Lintha Family in the West.
- Barbarian Tongues- Several barbarian tribes, especially Wyld Barbarians have their own tongues.
Every character has a native tongue. A character who rolls (Perception + Linguistics VS a flat value of 1/2 the targets Manipulation + Socialize) can determine a character's native tongue and potentially learn the targets home region, other languages known, or where the character has spent long periods of time… depending on the number of successes.